1. How can you activate a roaming bundle?
Step 1. Open the My Digicel app.
Step 2. Select the option "Plan" from the home screen.
Step 3. Select "Available Plans".
Step 4. Select the “Roaming" tab.
Step 5. You choose a plan suitable.
Step 6. Click on “Activate.”
Step 1. Dial *100 # and press send/call button on your phone.
Step 2. Choose the Roaming option (this option can be seen on the home screen).
Step 3. Choose the appropriate plan.
Step 4. Then confirm the request.
2. Should the roaming bundle be activated before or after departure?
You can activate the roaming bundle at any time. It can be activated before or after departure.
3. Do you have to pay for the roaming bundle?
Yes, the prices are in the table below:
Note: These costs are separate from the call and SMS charges.
4. What do you receive when activating the roaming bundles?
You will receive data. Also, you will not pay any extra fees for incoming calls and text messages.
5. Will I pay for receiving calls?
No, you will not pay for receiving calls.
6. Will I pay per minute for calls to Suriname?
Yes for calls to Suriname, you will pay SRD1.55 per minute.
7. How much will I pay per minute if I call other countries?
Click here for this information.
8. How much will I pay per minute if I call a foreign number (Non-Suriname/ Non-Roaming Destination)?
Digicel will charge you the normal international rate.
9. In which countries can the roaming bundles be used?
Click here for this information.
10. Will Digicel charge me if I use Wi-Fi while roaming?
No, Digicel will not charge you if you use Wi-Fi.
11. What rate will Digicel charge me if my roaming bundle has expired and I am still abroad?
If your roaming bundle has expired, the regular roaming rates will apply, so no special rates such as the bundle offers. In this case, you can activate a new bundle and enjoy the reduced rates.
Note: You will not be able to use data if you do not have an active bundle.
12. Can I reactivate the roaming bundle after it has expired while I am still roaming?
Yes, you can reactivate the bundle.
13. Is this service for prepaid or postpaid users?
This service is for prepaid and postpaid customers.
14. How will prepaid and postpaid customers be charged for activating their roaming bundle?
Prepaid: You must have sufficient credit on their main balance and the costs of the plan will be, immediately deducted from their main balance.
Postpaid: The costs of the roaming plan will be, added to the account for that month.
15. How will the costs of calling or SMS or data usage, be charged after activating a roaming bundle?
Prepaid: The costs of calling and texting will be immediately deducted from the main balance.
Postpaid: The costs for calling and texting will be added to the bill of the month.
Data: When activating the roaming bundle, you receive data (MBs). These deducted from the bundle if you use the internet.
16. How can you check the balance of the roaming data?
You can check the balance of roaming data by entering *120*40# or via My Digicel.
17. How will a Hybrid customer be charged?
A Hybrid customer will be charged according to the prepaid principle.
18. If I roam to a country that is not on the list of RLYH countries, will I be able to use RLYH?
No, because the special "Roam Like You're Home" rates do not apply to the countries, not on the list.
19. If I no longer have calling credit, how can I top up?
You can top up through Online Top Up or you may have to ask family or friends in Suriname to do an electronic top-up (E-Top Up).
20. Can I use local promotions?
You cannot use local promotions while roaming.
21. Can I use my bonus minutes?
No, you cannot use bonus minutes.