Below you have a few handy roaming tips:
- Activate the roaming bundle. For more information click here.
- Prevent unexpected data costs by turning off the mobile data. If the mobile data is on and connected to WiFi, there is the chance that your handset will switch to usage of mobile data if the WiFi signal is weak. If this happens you will be charged for data roaming.
- Select a roaming network. While roaming in, for example, the USA, the preferable networks are AT&T en T-Mobile. In Canada those are Rogers, Bell and Telus. For information about how to switch network, click hier.
- Keep in mind that numbers should always be entered according to the format of the country or city you are in. To make it easier, it is recommended to save numbers according to the international format. For example, numbers in the USA you save as follows: + 147956323333.
- It is recommended to take your Digicel handset along in your hand luggage during the flight. Also, you should always turn off your handset before entering the plane.
- In case you loose your handset with SIM card while roaming, contact us.
- Make sure to turn off all diverts (also voicemail), by calling to *#002#.