How do you activate a new sim
- You need to make a call in order to activate the sim
- After a call the sim is active
What is a simcard
- A simcard is a unique identification number
- They can save info such as contacts and messages
- The simcard is inserted in the phone near the battery
Price of the simcard
- The price of a sim is SRD30
- You will receive SRD15 credit on the number
- You can purchase a sim in all Digicelshops
- Our simcards are provided with a pin and puk code
- A simcard is sold in a sim package with the pin and puk codes
- If the pin is blocked you should enter the puk
- If the puk is blocked then the sim is also blocked
- You can purchase the same number in a Digicelshop for SRD10
- The sim package is important for verification
Review sim information
At the back of the sim package you can view the sim information
No access on the simcard
There are several reasons for no access on a simcard:
- Simcard expired or blocked; contact 100 for more info. Top up each month to extend the expiry date of your sim.
- Puk blocked; the puk 1 code is entered incorrectly 10 times. This will block the sim and a simreplacement is necessary.
Sim life cycle
Each top up will extend the expiry date of the sim. Click here for more info about top up.
Are you going abroad for a long time? You won't be using your sim. No problem! Digicel offers the opportunity to extend the life cycle of your sim with 1 year for SRD20.
Follow the steps:
Step 1. Dial *200#
Step 2. You will receive a message to activate the plan
Step 3. Dial *200*10# for plan activation
Step 4. After activation you will receive a confirmation message that the sim is extended successfully with 1 year.
Check which plan is active on your number
Click here to check on the My Digicel App which plan is active on your number.
How do I use mobile data
With mobile data you get access to the internet. When you have activated a dataplan it is important to turn on the mobile data of your phone in order to connect to the internet.
Use the drop down menu to turn on the mobile data.
You could also use the settings of your phone. Go to data usage and then turn on the data connection.