With Digicel's roaming bundle, both prepaid and postpaid customers are given the opportunity to use the roaming service in the USA, Canada, the Caribbean (Digicel markets except Guyana) and the Netherlands. The countries which are part of the Digicel markets are:
Anguilla; Guadeloupe; Antigua; Haiti; Aruba; Jamaica; Barbados; Martinique; Bermuda; Panama; Bonaire; St Lucia;British Virgin Islands; St Vincent & the Grenadines; Cayman Island; St Kitts & Nevis, Curacao; Suriname; Dominica; Trinidad & Tobago; El Salvador; Turks & Caicos island; French Guyana; Grenada.
In order to roam, you will need a roaming bundle that gives you the opportunity to receive calls free of costs and make calls at the local rate (of Suriname). To use the internet you will be charged per MB.
How does the roaming bundle work?
- Both prepaid and postpaid customers are able to activate a 7 day roaming bundle
- With an active roaming bundle you can make calls and send messages at the local rate (of Suriname). This is possible while roaming in the USA, Canada, the Caribbean (Digicel markets except Guyana) and the Netherlands.
- The plan can be activated with the code *100# or *134*50#
- After the expires, you are able to activate it once again for another 7 days
- The price of the roaming plan for postpaid customers is SRD70.44. This amount will be added to the bill of the recent month.
- The extra costs for making calls and sending messages will also be added to the bill of recent month
- For data you pay SRD3.57 per MB
- The price of the roaming plan for prepaid customers is SRD63.68
- You will need enough credit on your main account for roaming; the costs for making calls and sending messages will be deducted from your main account
- For data you pay SRD3.18 per MB
While roaming with an active roaming bundle, you can call to customer service on the number +5978193444 which is free of costs. For calling customer service on the number 100, you will be charged.
Every prepaid number are eligible for roaming. Make sure to top up enough on your number, in order to make use of Digicel's services. After the roaming bundle is activated, you can use the code *147# or the My Digicel App to check the expiration date of the bundle.