To reduce the use of data on your phone, we have some information on 'background data'.
- If your data is on, you may be charged for background data usage.
- What is background data usage? Background data usage is data used by your applications. Even, if you do not use your phone at that time.
- Some applications, such as the My Digicel App, do not use your data (not even as background data)
- But, keep in mind not all applications are free.
- You can also track which applications use your background data. You can do so by checking the settings of your phone.
- Turn off your data when you are not using data. This will prevent your phone from using any unexpected background data.
- Also, this will prevent that you have any unexpected costs.
Below are some steps how you can configure that on your phone:
Step 1. Go to "Settings"
Step 2. Select "Data Usage"
Step 3. Turn "mobile data" off.
Now you have turned off your mobile data. You will save on your data usage and eventual costs. When you turn on your data, the applications will update automatically.
Below are some steps to reduce the usage of background data:
You can install the Android-system to reduce the usage of background data. Follow the steps: Settings > Data usage > select the three vertical lines > Restrict background data
You can also reduce background data for specific applications. Follow the steps: Settings > Applications (depends on the Android version you use)
You can adjust the synchronization-settings for Google-services as follow: Settings > Account > Google > select the account and delete the services you don't want to synchronize automatically.
Step 1. Click ‘Settings’.
Step 2. Select 'Mobile/Cellular'.
Step 3. Turn off ‘mobile data’
Below you have some steps to reduce the use of background data:
The Apple-system can be installed to reduce the use of background data: Settings > General > Restore background
You can reduce the data background usage for specific applications by following the steps: Settings > Mobile Network > Mobile usage
There is also a possibility to turn off Wifi-assistance by doing the following:
Settings> Mobile Network > Wifi-assistance